8 Jul 2011

The Pickup transplant


I decided to do something to my Blue Mexican Richie Sambora strat because even though I love playing on it..I can't record with it as it is so noisy with the dreaded 60 cycle hum..










So I ordered the SL11 EMG pickup set from Amazon and proceeded to do a DIY transplant!!



But things nearly went really wrong when I found out that the EMG pick guard was too small as the Blue strat has a Floyd Rose installed!!!

But thank God...all went well with some tools that Dora had hanging around in the house..



PS: In case you are wondering why I have like golden parts in my Floyd Rose bridge, I was in Hong Kong when a single string tail piece came off..I went to TOM LEE to look for a replacement bridge. But they only have the Golden ones...so I changed all the string tail pieces with the Golden ones...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you want to. Would love to hear from you!